MUST USE TIPS FOR BUYING DÉCOR AND FURNITURE AT A FLEA MARKET
Finding inexpensive and great items for your home at a flea market can be rewarding! You definitely will set your home apart from your friends all while getting a bargain!
Here are my top 5 tips for a successful flea market trip.
1. Bring Cash. Cash is king at a flea market. If you can offer sellers cash, they may very well accept a lower price for the item that they are selling.
2. Bring a list. Make a list of what items you would like to furnish your home with. Make it as detailed as possible, including measurements. You never know what you will find at a flea market.
3. Be open minded. Sometimes you might find something at a flea market that isn’t the right color or is less than perfect. So be it, but you should study the item and see if it is something you can live with or change to make it work for you.
4. Haggle. Don’t be afraid to haggle over the price. If you are really in love with something, don’t go overboard, that might make the seller mad. At the same time, don’t just take their first offer, you might be able to lower their asking price. Remember, they have to load all their items back into their van at the end of the day, and the less they have to haul back, the better.
5. Bring photos. If you are looking to match things in your décor, take pictures of your items on your cell phone or print them at home and bring them along. This will help you refresh your memory on what you have at home and if the item you are interested in will go with it.
These tips will ensure you have a bountiful day at the flea market.